I bought a huge Halloweeb skull years ago at Kmart. It was hollow on the inside and lit up. The skull has been hanging out in my yard for years. Yes, I keep skulls and skeletons out in my yard year round.
The light in the skull quit working year two. I have been wanting to turn it into a container for plants for a few years now. Finally I got around to doing it.
Saturday I asked my husband what I would need to remove the top of the skull. I planned on removing it myself, honestly. Husband said draw what you want removed. I did and he proceeded to do the cutting. I sat back and supervised. Now if you notice in one of the photos below my drawn circle looks jabberwocky. It’s intentional. Okay it wasn’t I have no clue what the hell happened. Turned out okay in the end.
Once my skull had been opened I put some rocks and yard junk into bottom. When filling any container garden I add a layer of rock to bottom. Then plastic bottles or junk, just to fill space. A container full of only dirt is HEAVY. This helps lighten the load. I added some dirt up to where the eye sockets began.
I tucked some Vince Periwinkle through holes then added more dirt. I added some colorful annuals to the top. Done.